In terms of what DIY Without Fear as a website collects, I only utilize cookies for analytics and email addresses for my opt-in email subscriber list. I do not access or delete the cookies, since they are stored on your computer. In terms of the email addresses, they are stored with my e-mail list provider (MailChimp) indefinitely, but you can ask me to remove you at any time, or simply unsubscribe.
If you would like to view the data that I have stored, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be happy to give you a copy of any personal data I have on you, and you may request to correct or delete it from my database. If you have already given me access to your data and would like to withdraw consent, just send me an email, and I’ll take you off the list.
DIY Without Fear is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Terms and Conditions and Limitations of Liability
- All content on DIY Without Fear is for informational purposes only – I am not a professional contractor, and any advice I give should be taken as such. The various suggestions, tips, and tutorials on DIY Without Fear are not fool-proof, they’re just what has worked for me in the past. You should always take extra precautions and research projects thoroughly before starting. DIY Without Fear cannot be held responsible for your personal safety or the results of projects or renovations you undertake.
- I cannot make any guarantees on the accuracy of statements on this website or at any link that I provide. I am not liable for any errors or omissions in the information, as well as any losses, injuries, or damages from the use of the information and content of my blog.
- DIY Without Fear is a monetized blog, which means it is for profit. It contains banner advertisements and affiliate links, which do not result in any additional cost passed on to the consumer. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Sponsored content occasionally appears, but I will NEVER promote or review a product that I do not 100% believe in.
- DIY Without Fear reserves the right to remove, replace, or move any images or content without notice. All photos that are not taken by DIY Without Fear are credited and linked to the original creators. If you fail to link back and credit DIY Without Fear for my original content, it constitutes a copyright violation.
- If you want to use more than three photos from DIY Without Fear, even with credit, you MUST obtain express permission. Duplicating any of DIY Without Fear’s text is strictly prohibited.
- I do my best to monitor comments for inappropriate content but cannot guarantee other’s conduct in the comments.
- This blog is based out of Louisville, Kentucky USA, and aims to follow all laws regarding the content of this blog provided by the state and country it is run from.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice at any time.
© DIY Without Fear, 2015-2022. All content posted here and on my social media accounts is my intellectual property and cannot be used or duplicated without credit and express written permission from me. Excerpts and links may be used, as long as full and clear credit is given to me and DIY Without Fear with a clear link or direction to the original content.
- Visit our website
at diywithoutfear.com , or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
names email addresses
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
- To save or protect an individual’s vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Click here to learn more.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Other Users. When you share personal information
(for example, by posting comments, contributions, or other content to the Services) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Services, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly made available outside the Services in perpetuity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Services, and view your profile.
Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Gender and date of birth
D. Commercial information
Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information
E. Biometric information
Fingerprints and voiceprints
F. Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems, and advertisements
G. Geolocation data
H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities
I. Professional or employment-related information
Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level or job title, work history, and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us
J. Education Information
Student records and directory information
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- You may object to the processing of your personal information.
- You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the information.
- You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- You may request to opt out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving an opt-out request, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than fifteen (15) days from the date of the request submission.
diywithoutfear.com ("Website") uses a third party technology called Ezoic.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION AND WEBSITE
Ezoic is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect lawfully in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Ezoic's principal activities are:
- Website analytics
- Website personalization
- Website hosting
6023 Innovation Way, Carlsbad, California, United States
Northern Design Centre, Abbott's Hill, Gateshead, NE8 3DF United Kingdom
In order to provide our products and services and related support, it is necessary for Ezoic to transfer your personal data outside of the European Union. In such case, the data controller for this data for EU residents is Ezoic Inc. having its registered offices at 6023 Innovation Way, Carlsbad, California, United States. All questions of requests regarding the processing of data may be addresses to email@example.com
PROVIDING VISITORS WITH ANONYMOUS ACCESS
If you do not consent to such collection, you can access this website without disclosing your personal data.
AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Ezoic records data about the individuals and the traffic to this website. Ezoic is this website's limited agent (and data controller in the EU context) for the purpose of providing Internet data and optimization services. Ezoic may use this data to improve its service or enable other services (e.g., using visitor traffic logs or data posted through the service to improve the optimization of other websites).
Ezoic may collect personal information as defined in GDPR (such as IP address and a unique id in a cookie) about visitors to your website for the purposes of statistics, analytics and personalization. In addition, Ezoic works with numerous third parties for the collection and storage of data and the providing of analytics and advertising services.
Use of Personal Information
PROCESSING OF DATA AND CONSENT
We will process the data we collect about you to improve the operation of this and other websites. This information helps us make decisions about what content to show, how it should be formatted, the number, size and placement of advertisements and how content should be delivered to individuals. This information is also used for analysis of performance and reporting.
USE OF APPLICATION LOGS
Our servers automatically record information (“Application Log Data”) created by your use of this website. Application Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. We use this information to diagnose and improve our services. Except as stated in section (Data Retention), we will either delete the Application Log Data or remove any account identifiers, such as your username, full IP address, or email address, after 48 months.
The personal information we collect is retained for no longer than necessary to fulfill the stated purposes in section “PROCESSING OF DATA AND CONSENT” above or for a period specifically required by law or regulation that Ezoic is obligated to follow. Personal data used to fulfill verification of certain types of services such as SSL certificate, payments, and billing will be retained for a minimum of 5 years depending on the class of product or service and may be retained in either a physical or electronic format. Even if you request deletion or erasure of your data, we may retain your personal data to the extent necessary and for so long as necessary for our legitimate business interests or performance of contractual obligations. After the retention period is over, Ezoic securely disposes or anonymizes your personal information in order to prevent loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access.
CONFIDENTIALITY / SECURITY
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from: unauthorized access improper use or disclosure unauthorized modification unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal data. We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to State institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation
DATA ACCESS & DELETION
You have the right to view information that we have collected about you and to request deletion of any personal information we may have. You can use this data lookup tool to complete these actions.
Below is a list of cookies that are commonly set on this website.
|ezCMPCookieConsent||Necessary||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track when a user consents to cookies.|
|ez_rdr_count||Necessary||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track redirects|
|ez_rdr||Necessary||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track redirects.|
|ez_pub_site||Necessary||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to only show the site with Ezoic's features enabled.|
|__cfduid||Necessary||Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.|
|PHPSESSID||Necessary||A unique identifier used to preserve states across pages.|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Necessary||WordPress sets this cookie when you navigate to the login page. The cookie is used to check whether your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies.|
|__utmt_f||Necessary||Used to throttle the speed of requests to the server.|
|__utmt_e||Necessary||Used to throttle the speed of requests to the server.|
|session_depth||Necessary||Used to track the number of pages you visit in a session on this site.|
|cookieconsent_dismissed||Necessary||Used to track closure of a cookie consent dialog.|
|cf_use_ob||Necessary||Used by Content Delivery Network, Cloudflare, to protect against fraud and speed up web delivery.|
|cf_ob_info||Necessary||Used by Content Delivery Network, Cloudflare, to protect against fraud and speed up web delivery.|
|ez_view_original_only||Preferences||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to show the original site without Ezoic's features.|
|ez_view_optimized_only||Preferences||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to show the optimized site with Ezoic's features.|
|ez_view_optimized_only||Preferences||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to show the original site without Ezoic's features.|
|speed_no_process||Preferences||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to turn off site speed features for this user.|
|sitespeed_preview||Preferences||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to allow this user to preview certain site speed features.|
|ez_ad_position_version||Preferences||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to determine if they use the Ad Tester product for this user, used by the Ad Tester extension.|
|ezpicker_showall||Preferences||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to tell the ezpicker app to show all placeholders.|
|ezpicker_nocache||Preferences||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to tell the ezpicker app to run without using the cache.|
|ezpicker||Preferences||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to turn on ezpicker|
|GED_PLAYLIST_ACTIVITY||Preferences||Used to track activity related to embeded YoutTube videos|
|ezosuigenerisc||Statistics||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to uniquely identify you across different websites on the internet so your experience can be customized.|
|ezosuigeneris||Statistics||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to uniquely identify you across different websites on the internet so your experience can be customized.|
|ezds||Statistics||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to store the pixel size of your screen to help personalize your experience and ensure content fits.|
|ez_recommended_pages||Statistics||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track users visiting from the recommended pages widget.|
|AMP_ECID_EZOIC||Statistics||Used by personalization and analytics company Ezoic for statistics on Accelerated Mobile Pages|
|ezouspvh||Statistics||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track how many pages a user has visited since their last visit.|
|ezouspvv||Statistics||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track how many pages a user has visited.|
|ezouspva||Statistics||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track how many pages a user has visited all time.|
|ezepvv||Statistics||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track which pages this user has viewed.||1440 min|
|ezCMPCCS||Statistics||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track when a user consents to statistics cookies.|
|ezohw||Statistics||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to store the pixel size of your browser to help personalize your experience and ensure content fits.|
|_gid||Statistics||Used to distinguish users by Google Analytics|
|__qca||Statistics||Collects anonymous data on the user's visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been loaded with the purpose of generating reports for optimising the website content.|
|_gat||Statistics||Used to distinguish users by Google Analytics|
|_ga||Statistics||Used to distinguish users by Google Analytics|
|__utmc||Statistics||Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user leaves the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit.|
|__utma||Statistics||Collects data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit. Used by Google Analytics.|
|__utmz||Statistics||Collects data on where the user came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked and what search term was used. Used by Google Analytics.|
|__utmb||Statistics||Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user accessed the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit.|
|ezdg||Marketing||Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to store demographic information like age and gender.|
|__gads||Marketing||Used to register what ads have been displayed to the user.|
|cto_optout||Marketing||Used by ad network Criteo to record if you've opted of personalized ads.|
Below is a list of usage, technical and identify metrics that are commonly stored and processed when you use this website
A list of Vendors that may be used on this website
Data Usage Purposes
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
2885 Sanford Ave
Grandville, MI 49418
Summary of Requests
If you'd like to see a summary of the requests to know user information, requests to delete user information and requests to opt-out of CCPA compliance that this business has received: https://g.ezoic.net/privacy/diywithoutfear.com/annualRequestSummary regarding diywithoutfear.com